All students must be aged 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission to the College (all students)
- Diploma of Business/Diploma of leadership and management/Diploma of marketing/Diploma of project management or any diploma level qualification or above from BSB training package in Australia. Ref: https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB
If a student has not done any Diploma level qualification then the time frame to complete the qualifications will go up to 78 teaching weeks.
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course.
- Relevant work experience will be acknowledged and taken into consideration.
- Selection for enrolment in our courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the pre-training review prior the confirmation of enrolment at RTO. A satisfactory outcome of pre training review form with authorised RTO Staff or representative.
Pre-training review will be administered to all students. The interview will inform the RTO of your prior work experience, knowledge, motivations and expectations from the qualification. Student will be assessed for their prior knowledge, skills through pre-training review. Where appropriate RPL or credit transfer will be suggested to learners.
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements:
- Entry in to this course requires IELTS band score of overall 5.5 (Academic or General) or equivalent in line with the Department of Education and DOHA regulations (For International Students) https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/aelt.
- MIVS Training and Assessment is committed to supporting all our students in successfully completing their selected course of study. National research consistently indicates that many students will require some level of LLN support. As such, we recognise that we have a responsibility to understand each student’s unique LLN needs.
- Our desire is to identify any LLN need that students may have as a student and to assist them in reducing the impact this may have on your studies with MIVS. Therefore, we ask the students to either opt in or opt out of an LLN assessment, which will help us to determining how best to assist the students. Students shall select one of the following two options.
☐ Option 1: I appreciate that MIVS is interested in my LLN capabilities, however I affirm that I do not require any assistance with LLN for the course I am choosing to undertake.
☐ Option 2: I am unsure if my LLN capabilities are sufficient for the level of study I am undertaking; therefore, I elect to submit the completed LLN assessment to MIVS for assessment. In this case, student must attempt the LLN test at a mutually convenient time scheduled by the RTO
- If students do not meet English and LLN requirements, students will be asked to take further Language, literacy and numeracy training and advised to take another appointment for this LLN test at MIVS office.
- A range of support strategies will be utilized
A Unique Student Identifier (USI):
Students will need to provide RTO with their Unique Student Identifier number. A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference number made up of numbers and letters, unique to each student. This USI allows them to link their previous and future VET qualifications into a single authenticated transcript, through the National Vocational Education and Training Data Collection and prevents them from losing their record. This lets them see all their training results, from all their previous providers. A USI Number will stay with the student for life and must be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course they undertake.
Computer literacy requirements:
All learner enrolling into this program must have basic computer skills.
The student will need basic computer skills to conduct research on their current topics and complete their assessments.
The students will need skills in word processing and PowerPoint presentations.
The learner will be required to undertake MIVS’s Computer skills test before course entry online http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/quizshow.php?title=basic-computer-skills-assessment&q=1
Required score is 8 out of 10 (with the first sitting of the test).
Learners those who do not possess basic computing skills (who scores less than 8 in computer test) will be referred to take basic computer skills course from ALISON